Saturday, February 13, 2010

Were BACK……

The last month has been INTENSE.

I packed,

moved,

cleaned,

unpacked,

started a JOB(a few days a week)

AND

my Dad had surgery.

Needless to say….

We have been “Out of the LOOP”..so to say.

We have been OFF our schedule.

Its weird…

I have noticed that  when things got CRAZY this last month-I just wanted to sleep.

Like a STRESS OVERLOAD.

BUT…..

(drum roll)

I am COMMING BACK,

Starting fresh,

turning over a new leaf.

I have felt sooooo UNLIKE myself.

This weekend I am putting the final touches on our schoolroom and we are STARTING SCHOOL OFFICIALLY again on Monday.

I am SOOOOO ready to put my “teacher hat” on.

I love my kids but I cant STAND IT when they are “bored”.

And they have been “bored”.

By “Bored” I mean…..

arguing,fussing,fighting,complaining.

They NEED to EXCERCISE their minds.

I have figured out(I know…I'm slow) that how THEY ACT is almost a direct reflection of how I FEEL.

When I am stressed…they argue.

When I am overwhelmed….they fight.

When I am tired…they fuss.

BECAUSE….

They can feel it from me.

They can feel I am not “into it”.

Today I read Proverbs 27:19……

19 As water reflects a face,
       so a man's heart reflects the man.

This made me ask MYSELF some things…

Is my heart reflecting  LOVE in  my life????

Am I showing my kids what it is to STAY positive in the midst of STRESS?????

Am I showing them that even when things are hard, life is a BLESSING????

NO….

I am NOT.

Then I thought….

SERIOUSLY????

How FLIPPIN SELFISH am I???

I need to show  my family, friends, and JAH

that I AM APPRECIATIVE,

HONORED,

and BLESSED to have THIS life…

even if at times it is filled with MORE stress than I think I can handle,

MORE tears than I think I can bear,

and more ARGUMENTS than I think I can settle.

I am STARTING FRESH.

Honoring GOD….and being APPRECIATIVE for what I do have.

As of right now….I am opening my heart,

being appreciative for what I do have

BECAUSE

I am TOO BLESSED TO BE STRESSED.

stressed

No comments: