Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Life Happens........

Can we just REWIND last week???/
  Maybe?


It started on Wednesday with Malachi.
He threw up first......and in a house of 6, when 1 goes, we prepare for the ONSLAUGHT.

Soooooooo on it went.

I'll spare you the details, BUT....
Everyone but Shasha and Jay got sick.
REALLY SICK.


We missed a week of school and are JUST now getting back to it.

TODAY...
We spent the day on a blanket while I read their science, history, and bible study today.
And they watched a few educational cartoons.

It is funny how no matter what you WANT your days to LOOK LIKE,
no matter what you WISH you were doing...
sometimes LIFE HAPPENS.


Last week I WANTED to:
stay on top of school,
go to work,
watch the boys football game,
do the laundry,
do some FALL CRAFTS,
"pin" so me stuff,
take a "nap" (or 2) with my husband,
facebook,
and BLOG......

I did NONE of it.

LIFE HAPPENED.

About mid-week, I realized that when the guilt of all the "chores" doesn't even make a difference.....
It means:
YOU
ARE
SICK.

So .....I slept, took care of kids, made very little food, watched lots of JUNK TV, and took tons of baths.

I checked out and lost a week....
Sometimes....

LIFE
JUST
HAPPENS.

2 comments:

Shelley said...

Glad you guys are on the mend and back among the living!!!

Dad said...

I <3 U