Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Back in the saddle…..

Back_in_the_saddle_1944_1_

I’m BACK….

We’ll….I’m trying to be.

I spent the last month or so really IN my life.

Sometimes I get really lost in all the “extras”.

Facebook

My blog

My cell phone

You know…all the things that tend to pull us slowly away from  REAL LIFE.

The things that creep in and steal your time…those are the things that keep us from really being EMMERSED in our lives.

Those are the things that keep me 1/2 in moments that I should be ALL in for.

It was a nice break…and it really gave me a chance to reevaluate what I wanted to accomplish thru those outlets.

This is what I came up with:

I love my Facebook…all my friends are in there.  It is where I keep in touch with old friends and even make some new friends.

And

I love my blog.

I really do.

But…..

I have never felt more pressured by a non-existent deadline in my life.

There is no one telling me what to write

or

when to write.

But sometimes…I just don’t feel like it.

I just don’t feel like “thinking deeply” about anything.I really feel like my DAILY life takes every bit of  “creativity” I have.

I mean….I have 2 pre-teens

and

an overly emotional 9 year old

and

a 7yr old is going on 15.

My day can be pretty long and exhausting.  It seems to be a never-ending stream of  long talks and breaking up arguments.

Kind of like a carnival ride…

that

never

stops.

But I also know that one day….I will be so proud of the fact that I have kept this amazing journal of our lives.   It is something that really means a lot to me.  Something I have been working on for a VERY LONG TIME.

So…..In the end I decided that :

1.  It was a nice break from the norm to NOT write and feel pressured by an imaginary boss waiting on his “next story”.

2. I am BACK!!!  I am going to make an effort starting today to keep up with this daily journal and blog.

1 comment: