Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Half my heart……….

texas love

We have been having a debate in our house.

A TEXAS SIZED dilemma…

You see…

I am a Texan.

I was born and raised a Texan.

1/2 my heart lives in Texas…still today.

I came to Florida when I was 19.

So young….I really just wanted to go to the beach.

And I LOVE IT…

I live in an amazing town and live a JOY filled life.

But…

I am a TEXAN.

Make no mistake about it.

And if there is one thing Texans are…it is proud.

As I have grown up…this has GROWN in me.

Now..at 35-

I love everything “Texas”…

the 1000 degree summers

the bluebonnets

the dear leases

the line dances

the country cookin’

the wide open spaces

the Whataburger

the cows

the 2 steppin’

the big cities

the small towns

the rodeos

the cowboys

the chemical plants

the ship channel

but mostly…

I love the HEARTBEAT of Texas.

The family and friends that GREW me.

It is what brings me back over and over.

I

Love

Texas.

So you can imagine how proud I was when I heard about THIS conversation when Jay was explaining the kids heritage to them:

Jay:  You guys know my family is Italian.  My family came to the United States from Italy.  So you are 1/2 Italian.

Shasha:  So we’re 1/2 Italian and 1/2 Texan!!!!

Yes, child….you are.

LOL.

Jay tries to argue.

He says something about “Texas not being a country”.

He just doesn’t “get it”.

I guess my TEXAS LOVE is rubbing off!!!

Now …..to teach them that “Deep in the Heart of Texas” is our National Anthem.

Hahahah

2 comments:

dad said...

keep writing

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love this post:) and you! Keep writing, and inspiring.
-much love from Dallas, Tx!