Tuesday, September 11, 2007

R-E-A-D....

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I dont know if there is a BETTER feeling than teaching your child to read...
If I am honest...as a homeschool Mom, I struggle with self-doubt.
I wonder if I can REALLY be smart enough to teach them?
I KNOW I CAN...but sometimes the buzz of the rest of the world can seep in and sort of make you doubt what you are doing.
In these time it is as if God just sends you a sign...
Just to let me know that I AM DOING THE RIGHT THING!!!!
Sometimes it is like he just switches on a switch in a childs head..and they get it!!!
That is what is happening to Zeek this week.
Everyday he has spelling words to write, and the same words as sight words to memorize, and in the evenings...we cuddle together on my bed, ALONE, and read some 1st readers.
I think this 1-on-1 time really helps him.
He is really getting it!!!!
I am sooo proud of Zeek and (if I am Honest)a little proud of myself!!
Praise God..I can teach my children to read!!!

4 comments:

C said...

All moms have self-doubt about so many things. We just have their education thrown into the mix!! ha!

Sounds like you're simply AMAZING! :)

Katie said...

Never doubt what you as a mother are capable of! I am so proud of you. You can do anything you put your mind to. It's great that your children see this too, it will build their respect for you as a mother even more and show them as they grow into adults they can do anything too!!!!!! you are doing great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mema said...

I'm so proud of you and your family. I know with God's help you can do anything you set your mind to.

Anonymous said...

Jana, you are really doing a fantastic job with the kids and their schooling! I'm so proud of Zeke and his reading skills--keep up the fabulous work!

Suzette