Friday, April 6, 2012

A Rebel is Rising.



For years I have been raising a boy who was sweet, endearing, and rarely argumentative child.
Zeek is my first born..he is 11 1/ 2 and is as LOVING as they come.
I seriously couldn't ask for a better first-born.
He is a PRIZE.

But lately...
he has a certain "sass"....
Just a little "smirk"...
A tad bit of "tone"....
A rebelious "look"s deep in his eyes..
I can feel it.
We are comming upon puberty.
We are FAST APPROACHING "Crazy-ville".
We are speeding straight ahead.

I know that it was bound to happen..
They all grow up and
if
we
are
LUCKY...they DO REBEL.

Because:
I raise them to think for themselves and RISE.
I raise them to REBEL against all things ungodly.
I raise them to SPEAK THEIR MINDS and OBJECT when they disagree.
In hopes that one day they will be STRONG ENOUGH.
To Rise....
ON
THEIR
OWN.


But- I starts here..AT HOME.
THESE are their TRAINING GROUNDS.
This is where they learn to pick their battles, and hold their tounges.
This is where they learn that GOD serves the best revenge and Karma is real.

So THESE DAYS-
When the rebel in him rises...

I'll do MY job and
I'll meet him..
toe
to
toe.

Because I know that In the end...
We are all SOULdiers.
And SOMETIMES...
WE MUST RISE.

No comments: