Wednesday, May 6, 2009

A fork in the road.....

Photobucket
Sometimes I feel like I am the one in "training".
It is SOOOOO TRUE what "they" say about children- "You never understand until YOU have one of your own."
I never really understood the HEAVINESS of parenthood.
I mean...I knew that it would be hard and trying.
I knew that there would be disappointments and long roads ahead.
I never understood how HARD it would be to raise these children.
Especially in a world FULL of DISRESPECT, DISHONESTY, and HATE.
I guess I just hadnt gotten to THIS part.
The part where little boys start to have smart mouths and talk back.
Im not sure how to handle this part.
I feel anxiety comming on.
I am feeling the pressure..GOD'S PRESSURE.
The past three days of a "smart mouth" boy have left me standing with my mouth dropped open.
Its left me RUNNING to the bible for guidance on what to do.
THIS is SOME of what I found:



22 Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed,
for his compassions never fail.

23 They are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness.

24 I say to myself, "The LORD is my portion;
therefore I will wait for him."

25 The LORD is good to those whose hope is in him,
to the one who seeks him;

26 it is good to wait quietly
for the salvation of the LORD.

27 It is good for a man to bear the yoke
while he is young.

28 Let him sit alone in silence,
for the LORD has laid it on him.

29 Let him bury his face in the dust—
there may yet be hope.

30 Let him offer his cheek to one who would strike him,
and let him be filled with disgrace.

31 For men are not cast off
by the Lord forever.

32 Though he brings grief, he will show compassion,
so great is his unfailing love.

No comments: