Thursday, May 7, 2009

Like sand in an hourglass.....

Sands Of Time Pictures, Images and Photos

I just watched "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button".
I watched the whole time thinking..."How SAD".
How hard would it be to have to "meet someone in the middle" of life?
How hard would it be to have to watch the LOVE OF YOUR LIFE walk away?
How UNIMAGINABLE would it be to have to watch everyone you love get old and pass?
In life I guess there are always times when we "just need a minute" away.
There is always that moment as a mother when you want some "ALONE" time.
There is always THAT moment when you want your kids out of YOUR bed.
This movie was such a reminder that time slips thru our fingers like sand.
Tommorow is NEVER promised and sometimes we DONT get a second chance.
As I sit hear and listen to the silence of my home, with everyone tucked away in their beds, I cant help but think of sometime in the future when my life wont be LIKE THIS.
As I sit hear with my sleeping children, my loving husband and a FULL DAY of school and fun ahead of me tommorow....I cant help but let the tears run down my face.
A mix of joy and sadness.
A confusion of happiness and pain.
I cry at the thought of a quiet home where my children no longer sleep, because they have THEIR OWN families..
I cant help but reflect on how MY parents must feel as they watch US grow.
To be honest ...I am scared.
It scares me to get to this point in my life.
I am sooo happy, sometimes I look around and think, "This is the BEST time of my life."
I know that with every day that passes, we watch our children grow.
With every day that passes we watch our parents and family age.
Its a HEAVY reminder that LIFE IS SHORT.
Its a reminder that we are SO FAR from being in control....
God is in control.
Life is a heavy load....But we have to carry it.
Life is sooo short...we have to LIVE it.
So..as I walk thru my home and look upon each of my children and husband tonight, I am going to watch each of them until I have painted a permanent picture in my mind.
I want to remember EVERY DETAIL of tonight.
I want to remember THIS LIFE...just how it is.

5 comments:

Mom said...

Sweetheart, you hit the nail on the head. You will wake up one morning and your children will be grown and have their own children. You will say to yourself
where did the time go. Maybe that's why we get these wonderful grandchildren that remind you so of your children when they and you were younger. Your writing is beautiful. You should write a children's book.
LOVE YOU BUNCHES,
Mom

Anonymous said...

Im crying just reading this. You are soo right! Thanks Jana. -Sarah

Emily said...

How true this is!! My Mom has always told me to cherish the time I have right now with my 3 little ones. Because as hectic and overwhelming as it seems at times... Is is such a brief fleeting moment! She says the time when my sister and I were little was the BEST time of her life. It really does put everything into perspective. Everyday should be celebrated.

Anonymous said...

Sweetheart, It's called LIFE.
Being a Mother is tough work but the most rewarding work you will ever do.
One of the rewards is that after they are grown, you still have the memories and the sweet grandchildren they give you. Like you.
Love, Mema

Suzette said...

Jana, you will never know how fast time passes and your children are grown and adults. You are so right--right now you are exhausted and tired, but take the time to enjoy them. Life is hard now, but very rewarding--thank goodness for grandchildren. That's how we relive our kids childhood!
By the way, you should publish your writing!
Much love to all,
Suzette