Sunday, September 19, 2010

DAILY Life lessons…for all of us.

 

calander

 

EVERY morning the kids do chores.

Actually, we have a pretty well “set in stone” chore chart.

They do it all…..

they make their beds, do the dishes, vacuum, dust, empty/take out the trash, and even clean the bathroom(sort of).

AND

They feed/take care of ALL the animals (dogs, cats, turtle, chickens, and guinea pigs).

Depending on which day of the week it is, they have different chores.

They don’t always like it ….but they do it.

In the mornings…before school and AFTER a little “wake-up TV” time, they get dressed, they go to the chore chart and they do their chores.

There are a few reasons WHY we have them do chores.

1. We feel like they need to have responsibility. They need to know that there will not ALWAYS be someone around to pick up after you or clean your home.

2. We feel like in the bible we were told that we are  responsible for these young souls.  “Proverbs 22:6 - Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it.”

3.  I want to release these children into the world to find a partner.I want them to KNOW that they have to help out in THEIR family in order to HELP the unit HONOR GOD. I want my daughters to be JEWELS in their husbands crown, and I want my sons to HELP their wives with the house. (FYI:Jason is THE BEST example, he is actually Mr.. MOM- but better…he actually KNOWS how to clean/take care of the house!!!)

Soooo….

As my children get older I realize how important these chores are.

It teaches them about being part of a family or TEAM and about how sometimes in life JOY can be found in the SIMPLE THINGS.

I want them to know that every time they do a chore they are HONORING GOD thru their actions.

It helps ME(mom) and that is a blessing…

"Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves. Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others."
~Philippians 2:3,4

I think that this is a LIFE LONG LESSON.

This is something that has to be PRACTICED.

It has to be trained INTO a person.

I mean….

I do chores daily, and have to remind MYSELF that these things that i do ARE for the LOVE of my family and God.

I LOVE having a clean house and a nice yard with lots of animals and ROOM.

I want to have a clean bathroom and kitchen for my children.

I want have a sweet front porch and a garden that yields fruit.

But in order to have those things….I have to HONOR GOD by keeping up with those things DAILY.

And…

I am trying to teach the kids that there is a PLEASURE in those things.

Those EVERYDAY, SIMPLE things.

I pray they are learning……

better yet- I pray that WE are learning!!!!

…………………………………………………………………………………………………

Mountaintop experiences don't happen every day, you'll find
that life is usually 80% ordinary and 20% extraordinary. Most of your
life will involve being faithful in the normal everyday routine, but
when God chooses, He will give something that changes your life
forever."..

No comments: