Sunday, January 9, 2011

And it CONTINUES.........


I could tell he was getting frustrated.

I could see it in his NORMALLY calm, sweet face.

He was about to blow.

I was waiting.

He was supposed to be doing his MATH....which he LOVES- but he was NOT IN THE MOOD.

His eyes started to water and his face turned that "Im about to CRY" fresh color of pink.

"Mom.....My head hurts and I don't want to FREAK OUT...BUT- I think I just need a minute. Everything is making me mad. The kids are all getting on my nerves. Everything is frustrating me. I don't know WHY...But- I think I need a break."

I could see it...He NEEDED a break....like I need a break sometimes.

Zeek needed a break....from it all.

Hes 10 and apparently he is "right on track" with this whole "growing up" thing.

I was sooo proud of him for handling the situation like that.

I could learna thing or two from him....
I am
NOT
ALWAYS
as sweet and composed.

So I got him set up on the couch with the heating pad(because a heating pad always helps). I gave him a few books and kept the kids in the schoolroom.

I was impressed and scared at the same time.

I have a feeling that we are just starting on this journey....

May God let this time,and these kids youth creep by slowly.

Even though....
This is going to be EXCRUCIATING.

................................................................................
Psalms 71:17-18
“Since my youth, O God, you have taught me, and to this day I declare your marvelous deeds. Even when I am old and gray, do not forsake me, O God, till I declare your power to the next generation, your might to all who are to come.” (NIV)

2 comments:

NancyPrevatt said...

aww... jana your blogs are always so meaningful! this one made me a teary eyed. what a lucky woman you are to have such sweet children!

Anonymous said...

I can barely believe there is ANY 10-year-old child in the world as mature as that. I'd say you're pretty blessed to have him.