Monday, March 21, 2011

From the Heart......



I took his sweet chin in my hand and said, "What comes out of your MOUTH is a reflection of what is in your HEART. Do you understand that?"

He looked at me and I could tell that he WANTED to understand.

But just like every other human on the planet, including his MOTHER, he is a sinner.

The Bible says that the heart is "deceitful and desperately wicked"-Jeremiah 17:9.

I think that even a child has things in his heart that if not TENDED to...WILL cause problems in behavior. THAT is because we are SINNERS by nature.

This is not a surprise to GOD....he knows this.
It is US who have problems thinking we are FLAWLESS and without sin.
He KNOWS us...from the inside out.

He KNOWS that as I sit here and write this...I am DESPERATELY TRYING to not YELL at my kids....an I am FAILING.

He knows that I am a sinner an without HIS shepherding ...I will continue to sin.
Because it is IN MY HEART.

In the bible ...a person who has NO FEAR of the Lord is a described as foolish.

I want to teach my chilren to FEAR God....God gave them life, with a PURPOSE in mind.

He KNOWS them an he KNOWS what they are capable of.

MY JOB, as a MOM, is to teach them that only thru HIM...will they find themseves.

And I want them to know that THIS is all in HIS plan.

THIS was not my choice...it was HIS.

I was CALLED to be GODS AGENT for these children.
I was MEANT to be HERE...NOW.
He knew it from the beginning of time....and planned it JUST for me.
For BOTH our benefits.

I have been given the task of TRAINING and SHEPHERDING these children.
Which I sometimes feel like I am FAILING TERRIBLY AT...but he knows THAT to.
And he also knows that I am TRYING.

I want to do a GREAT job at this....
I want to look back in 15 years and think, "WOW...I raised AMAZING HUMAN BEINGS!!"

In order to DO THAT...I have to get IN THERE and get to KNOW my children.
If I am going to TEACH THEM...I have to UNDERSTAND them.

Which takes and UNBELIEVABLE amount of time an effort.
An is SOMETIMES terribly hard.

But this time is fleeting and I only have 1 chance at this....
But in the end...
I want them to understand that "all of life rushes toward the day when we will stand before God and give account." (Shepherding a childs heart by Tedd Tripp)

...................................................................................

Proverbs 20:5 says: The purposes of a man's heart are deep waters, but a man of understanding draws them out.

No comments: