Saturday, January 16, 2010

Reflections…….

Life is sooooo WEIRD.

As I sit in my bed with my AWESOME laptop in front of me, reading some BLOGS that I LOVE…..nestled in warm blankets…with the sound of Jay and the kids playing Wii together….SAFELY in our home.

I CANNOT help but GIVE THANKS!

I cannot help but REFLECT on LIFE.

We are SAFE…

SOME are SUFFERING.

haiti2

I have an AMAZING friend Heather that I went to HS with.

She has 4 kids also….but has made the BRAVE choice to adopt 1 of them.

I read her blog DAILY.

Check it out … HERE.

This morning she posted about a missionary family in Haiti.

When I read about these people that are out there…DOING WORKS….

I am AMAZED, HUMBLED,PRAYERFUL, and INSPIRED.

Check it out here: The Livesay Family

Here is a PART of the blog written by the mother on the morning AFTER the earthquake:

“The sun is about to come up. The aftershocks continue. Some more noticeable than others. There is no way to even begin to share the things we’ve heard and seen since 5pm yesterday. To do so would take hours that we don’t have to give right now. Some of them feel wrong to tell. Like only God should know these personal horrible tragedies.

The few things we can confirm – yes the four story Caribbean Market building is completely demolished. Yes it was open. Yes the National Palace collapsed. Yes Gov’t buildings nearby the Palace collapsed. Yes St Josephs Boys home is completely collapsed. Yes countless countless - countless other houses, churches, hospitals, schools, and businesses have collapsed. There are buildings that suffered almost no damage. Right next door will be a pile of rubble.

Thousands of people are currently trapped. To guess at a number would be like guessing at raindrops in the ocean. Precious lives hang in the balance. When pulled from the rubble there is no place to take them for care Haiti has an almost non existent medical care system for her people.

I cannot imagine what the next few weeks and months will be like. I am afraid for everyone. Never in my life have I seen people stronger than Haitian people. But I am afraid for them. For us.

When the quake hit it took many seconds to even process what was happening. The house was rocking back and forth in a way that I cannot even begin to describe. It felt fake. It felt like a movie. Things were crashing all over the house. It felt like the world was ending. I do not know why my house stands and my children all lie sleeping in their beds right now. It defies logic and my babies were spared while thousands of others were not.

There are friends and co-workers that are missing. People whom no-one can account for. People we work with and love. There are more than I can name, but in particular we wait on one single friend who lived near the Hotel Montana – which has reportedly collapsed.

The horror has only just begun and I beg you to get on your knees – I truly mean ON YOUR KNEES and pray for the people of this country. The news might forget in a few days - but people will still be trapped alive and suffering. Pray. Pray. Pray. After that - PLEASE PRAY. “

haiti3

REALLY????

And we are playing Wii?????

Really???

We are soooo UNBELIEVABLY BLESSED this morning.

Blessed to be SAFE.

Blessed to be FED.

Blessed to have ACCESS to the REAL LIVES of those who are LIVING IT.

haiti1

Blessed is the man who remains steadfast under trial, for when he has stood the test he will receive the crown of life, which God has promised to those who love him. James 1:12

1 comment:

Cyndi said...

I feel very much the same. I am safe and comfortable in my home but thoughts and prayers are going up for Haiti. Our church supports two groups there and we finally heard they were all right on Thursday. One runs a school/orphanage - which was destroyed. We have a group leaving in a week (preplanned trip) for Haiti. The plan was for a teaching/ministry trip but it will now be a rebuilding trip.