Friday, January 1, 2010

A DECADE AGO……

Philippians 3:13-14
No, dear brothers and sisters, I am still not all I should be, but I am focusing all my energies on this one thing: Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead, I strain to reach the end of the race and receive the prize for which God  is calling us up to heaven.

morning_dew As I wake this morning on the 1st day of the year 2010- I cant help but REFLECT.

Reflect on where we were 10 years ago

AND

where we are today.

WOW!!!!

10 years ago on New Years Eve Jay and I were in Costa Rica(alone..no kids YET).

We were so happy and READY to start our life.

We were on our way.

We were STARTING our journey.

We had FOUGHT so hard for “us”.

We had FOUGHT so hard for our LOVE

and our LIFE.

m_3420a74b82cf8cc04b6d7982bf1a140e

When we met I was “spoken for”…so to say.

I was already in a relationship….

(Lets just say I was already TIED DOWN)

My life was a MESS.

I was living in a world of UNCERTAINTY and SHAME.

THEN…

I met Jay and THIS HAPPENED!!!!!!!

My life changes and THAT WAS IT!!!!!!!!!

I never even TURNED AROUND to look back.

And as I sit here this morning at my sis-in-LIFE’s house with ALL the kids sleeping sweetly(ONLY bcs they stayed up PAST 12 LAST NIGHT!)

I cant HELP but reflect on the past 10 years and all the blessings that have entered my life.

Whata difference a DECADE can make.

10 years ago  I was laying under a palm tree with Jay in CR.

I remember laying there and DREAMING of what our life would be like….

THIS LIFE.

I wondered what the faces of my children would look like??????

I wondered what there voices would sound like??????

I wondered if our LOVE would still be so STRONG??????????

I wondered WHO my true friends were???????????

I wondered if my family would ever understand????????

I wondered WHO I would be?????????

20755_1337104148074_1245230574_1010852_2737202_n

 Nature Walk 003

NOW….10 years later.

I can see the answers to ALL those questions……

And what AWESOME answers they are!!!!!!!!!!

I pray for a NEW YEAR filled with HOPE, LOVE, LAUGHTER, and FAITH.

Jeremiah 29:11
"For I know the plans I have for you," says the LORD. "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope

No comments: