Monday, November 7, 2011

Magic Muffins

bus

If I have said it once, I have said it 1000 times…

I

LOVE

MS.

FRIZZLE.

She is AMAZING and can teach about chemistry and science like NO OTHER!!!

And by no other….I mean ME!

I am THANKFUL everyday for technology. I love being able to hop on the internet and within seconds have a science cartoon and an experiment. SWEET!…especially on a rainy Monday morning!

bus2

THAT is exactly what happened THIS morning.

It was Monday….I was not ready YET, so I put on Magic School Bus episode called “Ready, Set, Dough”.

It is all about how baking IS chemistry.

What kids doesn't like a CHEMICAL reaction?

So while they were watching the episode I got all the stuff for muffins out…

bus3

We did a small experiment with baking soda and milk and the difference it makes when  barely mixing(lots of foaming bubbles) an mixing a lot(hardly any bubbles).

bus4bus5

Then we made chocolate chip muffin,taking the time to mix MOST of the batter barely…and the last bit A LOT.

bus6bus8

 

Then we waited…..

bus7

The top muffin was the one mixed A LOT…it was more dense.

The bottom was less mixed …less dense.

Ahhhhh….

We love science.

And we certainly don’t mind chocolate chip muffins!!!!!