Wednesday, September 16, 2009

4H FUN!!!!

Photobucket

I surprise myself OFTEN...these days.

I do things that I never thought I would do.

Yesterday-AFTER school,HSPE,and lunch...we drove out to the agricultural center to join 4H.

I always thought 4H was for kids who lived on farms and wanted to raise goats OR pigs.
(Not that our kids wouldn't LOVE that!!!LOL)

We drove out to the "Agg Center"(agricultural center) and meet with the 4H director for our county.

WHAT A BLESSING!!!!

We ALL walked in and were greeted soooooo nicely.

She took us into a room FILLED, top to bottom with Project books.

Dairy farming,
bicycles,
electricity,
food preparation,
astronomy,
bugs,
dog training,
rabbits,
and YES...GOATS!

WOW!!!! I was so overwhelmed when I walked in that I couldn't speak for a few minutes.

So MANY possibilities!
So MANY ????????????'s!

1.How does this work?
You sign up either for a club)where you meet 1x a month) OR you sign up to be independent(which WE did).You CAN sign up online also.

Do you only do 1 at a time?
Most kids only do 1 per year.Its sort of like a "subject" you would work on in school. I have a feeling that we will be VERY "4H busy" this year!!!

What are the requirements?
The ONLY requirement is that you must be 5 years old.

Sounds AWESOME, right?

I was amazed.

I stood in that little room surrounded by "project books", lesson outlines, and POSSIBILITIES...I felt like I had JUST stumbled upon a HIDDEN treasure.

You mean I could have REALLY learned to sew?
Or REALLY learned to cook?
Or even ...REALLY learned how to work on cars???

WOW!!!!!

We started looking...trying to figure out which "subject" ws right for "us".

I already KNEW what we came to get Shashamane.

She quickly grabbed "Fun with Clothes"...of course.

She had been WAITING to go get her book...SHE WAS SOOOOOOOO EXCITED!!!

It is for girls 5-7...Cloverbuds is what they call THIS age group!

So cute...

"Fun with Clothes" is like beginning sewing.

She will learn about the parts of a sewing machine, stitches, fashion, color combinations, textures, and fabrics!!!

At 7 !!!!!!!

What a WONDERFUL LIFE-SKILL!

They even have a fashion show in December where you wear what you make.

You cant even IMAGINE how fast Shasha was talking last night.

She was ECSTATIC...ALREADY making sketches of her dress.
Photobucket

Zeek was also excited...He picked out a "project book: on electricity.
Photobucket

Hell be making currents, and building motors!!!

Unfortunately(hehe)...Jay will have to be the teacher on this one!!!

"I want to be an inventor!" ...is ALWAYS his answer when asked what he would like to be when he grows up!!!

Sooo. THIS should interest him!

I left there daydreaming of the possibilities.

I could see Shasha as the YOUNGEST fashion designer to ever "make it".LOL

AND ..I could see Zeek inventing something that will SURELY save the world!

3 comments:

Suzette said...

I can feel your enthusiasm--it is contagious! You are coming into your own this year as a teacher! It is so wonderful to see that after 35 years of my own teaching career, there are new, energetic, creative ones out there ready to work their magic with children. You inspire me!

MOM said...

SWEETIE, We are all proud of you in venturing out and finding new teaching for the kids. I know they will love them all.
You are a great MOM!!
Love always,
Your Mom

Anonymous said...

Mimi said: This is awesome. Loved Shasha's sketches!! I think Jason will be a good teacher. The kids are so lucky you and Jason are both open and enthusiastic about learning. You constantly amaze me, Jana....in a GOOD way. You know, Auntie Di is housing Austin's PIG (in her yard) for Future Farmers of America!LOL. Mimi