Sunday, November 1, 2009

In a “Perfect” homeschool World…..

This was a Homeschool Devotional for today..AWESOME!!

 

  • In a perfect homeschool world, your children would greet you with a smile each morning and help prepare breakfast and clean up afterwards.
  • In a perfect homeschool world, there would be no sibling fighting, lost workbooks, or unprepared students.
  • In a perfect homeschool world, your children would learn their lessons the first time, eliminating any review.
  • In a perfect homeschool world, you would have brilliant applications and visual aids prepared for every subject area you are teaching each day.
  • In a perfect homeschool world, the laundry would clean and fold itself, so you could enjoy the evenings with your spouse.
  • In a perfect homeschool world, there would be enough money to buy all the curriculum you wanted.
  • In a perfect homeschool world, you would find encouraging notes from your children thanking you for being such a wonderful parent and teacher.
  • In a perfect homeschool world, you would always have the right answer to every one of your children's questions.
Unfortunately, this world is not perfect. We live in a fallen and sinful world that tempts us (1 Corinthians 10:13). Every day I must go to the One who is perfect for strength, wisdom, and guidance to live my life as a shining example of His love to my family and to the world. I am not perfect, but He is (Hebrews 7:25-26)! I rejoice that although my homeschool world is not perfect, I know the One who is. He goes before me each day and prepares the path in which I will walk. Today, I trust Him again to take everything I experience as a homeschooling parent and cause it to work together for good (Romans 8:28).

No comments: