Its starting to CREEP up into my mind.
Slowly….I’m TRYING to force it back.
Although I KNOW from experience that If you think about it a LITTLE at a time ….It is easier than thinking about it ALL in AUGUST.
Been there ….
No thank you!!!!!
I have narrowed it down to My Fathers World….
This is what the MFW website says about the Curriculum:
- Recognizes the Bible, God's truth, to be the foundation of wisdom and education.
- Utilizes hands-on, unit studies with daily lesson plans that are easy-to-teach.
- Enables families and multi-age groups to learn together. Many of our programs may be taught to a range of ages simultaneously.
- Combines the best of Charlotte Mason's ideas and classical education with a Biblical worldview, an international focus and our own observations of how children learn.
- Uses a comprehensive, sequenced learning program beginning with preschool learning toys to develop readiness skills. Our complete unit-based curriculum includes a phonics-based learning-to-read program and focuses on God's amazing creation (kindergarten), the world of the Bible (first grade), and U.S. history (second or third grade). Then a year of geography sets the foundation for four years of chronological world and U.S. history (through eighth grade). Our high school curriculum provides a Biblical framework for English, history, and other subjects.
- Provides easy-to-teach, integrated curriculum that is enjoyable, academically strong, and focused on character development.
- Is committed to the Lord of All, who tenderly searches for people from every tribe and language. A portion of our profits helps support mission work overseas, especially Bible translation projects. Our heart's desire is that someday soon all people would be able to read of God's love in their own language.
I think I am going to LOVE IT.
And because it was DESIGNED to be taught to MULTI-age classrooms , I think it will fit us well.
I will supplement Math and LA from Lifepacs.
I am DEFINANTLY going to use Prepare and Pray!
It is based on the Swiss Family Robinson book.
Here is what they say about their curriculum:
Prepare and Pray! is designed to be useful in a missionary hut, an urban homestead with container gardens on the patio, a travel trailer, or a cabin in the wilderness. It is flexible because we have done all these things and made it work and you can too. You will not find cutesy paper plate puppet projects; instead science will be studied by gardening, health by growing herbs and making tinctures or learning wilderness first aid; art is learned by basic knitting and sewing skills, basket making, journaling and identifying wild edibles. History consists of stories of great movements, martyrs, and true heroes.
Based on the Swiss Family Robinson , a classic novel for children written by Johann (David) Wyss, a radical believer who used every available opportunity in the story to emphasize character training and true godliness. The written original version has little or nothing in common with the Disney version. There are no pirate battles, squabbles over a flirtatious young lady, or allowances for laziness. The curriculum was originally developed in 1997, has been widely and successfully distributed, with endorsements from many homeschooling veterans, experts, and publications. It was never intended as a "y2k" curriculum, as we have clearly and repeatedly stated that judgment upon the ungodliness of our nation could clearly take many unpredictable forms. So we cover a variety of scenarios, including natural disasters, economic downturns, terrorism, plague, etc. It is a miracle, but we have managed to develop a curriculum preparing for these events that children and families consider fun! Your child's life may depend on skills he learns while having fun.
I LOVE it…A “Y2K” curriculum.