Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Being reminded……

puzzel

 

Every year about this time I feel TOTALLY OVERWHELMED.

I feel like i had NO summer.

I feel like I am not ready.

I feel like I'm not “organized” enough.

I feel like if I just had “1 more” book.

and then I realize that I always feel that way.

EVERY August.

Seriously…

EVERY August for the last 5 years!

Thankfully over the years God DOES grant us WISDOM…

even if it takes 5 YEARS to learn that wisdom.

LOL

Every year WE(all HS moms) are “freaking out” in one way or another.

I have personally spoken to  NUMEROUS homeschool moms  in the last few weeks that are …..FREAKING OUT!

From Veterans to “NEWBIES”….we ALL beat ourselves up at night PRAYING that we are doing the right thing for these children.

Tonight I had a conversation with an old High School friend who has JUST started homeschooling her kids.

As I spoke to her tonight about curriculum,character traits and learning styles….I was REMINDED of some things.

I was reminded  that I am being “taught” the same as the children. There are times when I am soooo frustrated that I  don't think I can sound out 1 more word when I remember that , “Maybe it is ME who is supposed to be learning a lesson…hmmmmm.”

I was reminded that everyday is a FRESH START….given to us by Jah(God).

I was reminded that homeschooling is a journey that CHANGES EVERY YEAR.  Being a homeschool teacher is different form a public school teacher.  My students CHANGE AGES EVERY YEAR!

I was reminded that sometimes learning to be KIND is more important than learning your times tables.

And being reminded of THESE things has RENEWED my spirit and made me THANKFUL for the opportunity to GUIDE these babies and be with them as they steer their way through this crazy wonderful life!!!

…………………………………………………………………………………………………

“The supreme end of education is expert discernment in all things—the power to tell the good from the bad, the genuine from the counterfeit, and to prefer the good and the genuine to the bad and the counterfeit.”  ~Ben Jonson

No comments: