Monday, December 26, 2011

Already????

bra

Girls.

If I have said it once….I have said it over and over….

I

AM

NOT

READY

FOR

THIS.

But then again…Will I EVER be? Probably not.

Shashamane is 9…right at THAT age.

You know…the age when she hangs on my every word and is my BFF.

BUT…

I am starting to get the occasional, “Mooooooommmmmmmmmmm!” when I do something that she might deem EMBARASSING.

Sooo…we are on the VERGE.

I am walking thru unknown territory here….so apprehensive about all this GROWING UP BULL.

So it DID NOT SURPRISE ME when she said, “Mom…I need a new sports bra.  Mine is too small.   Honour got one with adjustable straps.”

“Oh no…here we go.” was my EXACT THOUGHT I think. lol

I told her we would go soon and moved on…because that is how I roll, kinda like an ostrich. All head in the sand, this is not happening.  THAT is my style…

Then she went to the store with her DAD and I got a call from her:

“Um…Hi Mom. There is one here and it clips in the front Mom. It ISN’T a BRA Mom. It just clips in the front. “

Uh-huh.

“SHasha…is it a BRA????”

“It clips in the front Mom. Not like yours that clip in the back.”

Uh-huh.

“Shasha..some BRAS clip in the front. Just because it doesn't clip in the back doesn’t mean it isn’t a BRA.”"

“Oh……….” she said.

“Give the phone to your Dad.”

She hands him the phone……..

“Jay…Is that a BRA????”

And of course….He has NO IDEA.

So I calmly say, “Jason…That is a BRA. YOU are not buying her her first bra. Put them BOTH back and come home. Ill take her soon.”

He said ok and we hung up.

I couldn’t help but laugh……….

THIS IS MY LIFE NOW.

And what a CRAZY, FAST-PACED, BEAUTIFUL life it is.

And then today- she got her adjustable strap “SPORTS BRA”…which is really a PRE-training BRA.

LOL.

Remember…If you are looking for me – I’ll be the one with her head in the sand.

No comments: