Thursday, October 28, 2010

“Filthy Rich”

I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or living in want. I can do everything thru HIM that gives me strength. Phillipians  4:11-13

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

poverty

With the economy the way it is ….times are tough.

And believe me…TOUGH is TOUGH.

And it was TOUGH when the economy wasn’t in trouble.

But…We have always tried to have a REALWORLD view of these kinds of situations…..

In comparison…..We are “RICH”.

We sit in an air conditioned home, with a car, running water, a washer and dryer, the kids have clothes, food,access to medicine, and are involved in lots of EXTRAS.

I mean we practically live on a farm…and FEED all the animals here too.

Others- don’t have THOSE opportunities……

THEY-

live in  grass huts, with only thier feet to walk them to a well for water to drink, bathe, and wash clothes.  Thier kids have NO FOOD, NO CLOTHES,NO ACCESS TO MEDS and are not involved in extra-cirricular activities like football and ballet.

“RICH”.

Seriously….we are “FILTHY RICH”.

When I remember those things it makes THIS life—FULL..

It makes the FEAR of not having “money in the bank” fade.

It makes “not getting everything I WANT” dissapate.

It makes telling my kids “no” much easier.

It makes having to PICK AND CHOOSE the “needs” for the week…worth it.

It makes EVERYTHING a lesson.

A “refining fire” that can only make you STRONGER….

And THAT in turn, makes you TRULY RICH!!!

god

Proverbs 24:3-4
Through wisdom a house is built, and by understanding it is established; and by knowledge the rooms shall be filled with all precious and pleasant riches.

No comments: