Sunday, October 10, 2010

Persevereance…….

“God has given each of you a gift from his great variety of spiritual gifts.  Use them well to serve one another… Do it with all the strength and energy God supplies.  Then everything you do will bring glory to God .” 1 Peter 4:10, 11

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sometimes homeschooling is hard….

who am I kidding?

It’s ALWAYS HARD.

Sometimes harder than others…

Sometimes the HARDEST PART is JUST DOING IT.

I mean lets be real..

were AT HOME.

there is LOTS to do.

housework

bills

laundry

meals

LOTS of distractions….

and then there are the times when the TEACHER is sick.

THAT is what happened to us last week.

I got sick w/ a cold…which I caught from  DADDY!!!

We had school Monday, Tuesday,and Wednesday.

THEN Thursday I was DOWN.

We had school in the morning, then after lunch I told them,

“Watch a movie…I going to lay down.”

Of course…they were excited!!!

I , on the other hand, was not.

I couldnt shake the “school guilt”.

If you are a homeschool Mom, you know what I mean by “school guilt”.

It goes by many names:

school guilt

teacher guilt

mommy guilt

Different names for the same DISEASE!!!

It affects totally neurotic, self-judging moms like myself who feel BAD when we PLAY HOOKIE…even for GOOD REASONS..

UUUgggghhhhhhhhhhh.

I cant help it….I have tried.

I tell other Moms all the time, “Let it go. Your kids are smart. They can afford to take a day off”

Then ….

I get sick and everything that I have told OTHERS…goes OUT THE DOOR.

LOL. Figures.

Nedless to say…..

After a couple of hours in bed I couldn’t help myself.

I MADE myself get up.

We had a science lesson…on TREES.

We read about decidous forests, layers of the forest, and animals that live in the forest habitat.

Then they watched a tree video and identified the trees in the yard.

Fallin into Oct 017 Fallin into Oct 018 Fallin into Oct 012 Fallin into Oct 013 Fallin into Oct 014 Fallin into Oct 015 Fallin into Oct 016

It was only AFTER our lesson that I realized something…

I CHOOSE to do this.

I CHOOSE to have THIS life.

I can do.

I am strong.

All I have to do is pull from HIM…

Ask and you shall recieve.

Put one foot in front of the other.

PERSEVERE…..its HIS way.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Now all glory to God, who is able, through his mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think.” Ephesians 4:20

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amazing choice of homeschool
but even a schedule of one day on one day off is great for learning

For just because the system has
children go everyday
truly the brain retains info for about
10 min with all that'
need to rest
and for yoda and quiet time of wrting in a journal , art , music is so
important to nourish the mind

Really for taking a day or two or more until you feel full to be present with teaching is best
you know your limits and for gods sake we are all children always learning and always growing

There are times so clearly
to do "nothing"
Just "BE"
SIMPLY
GOD BLESS