Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Changes.........




Times are changing.

It was bound to happen....I knew I wouldn't be ready.

No matter WHEN the time came.

Wasn't it just yesterday that they were born?

Now they are half way grown.

Wasn't it just yesterday that they were taking their first wobbly steps?

Now I couldn't catch some of them ....even if I tried.

It feels like only a few weeks ago that they were starting to babble.

Now they get in trouble for talking back.

Life is a journey.

Sometimes it goes by so fast that yesterday seems forever ago and 10 years seems like yesterday.

Lately I have been noticing some changes our family is going thru.

Weird, Scary, New.

Changes that you cant prepare for as a mother.

Changes that CREEP up on you and take you by surprise.

Things like Zeek(10) saying things like, "Mom, do I have to do that craft???"

Seriously....this was HORRIFYING to me.

I mean ...when do they stop doing crafts. I thought we would be making a diorama when he was in college. I was prepared for toilet paper MLK figures in 11 grade.

sad...so sad.

Then there is Shasha who has recently decided that she likes her hair a NEW WAY.

The NEW WAY is way to grown up for me.....
She likes to hold a piece of her hair down on 1 side of her face...and have me put the rest up in a ponytail.

Sniff. Sniff.

Then there is Malachi.....hes almost 7.

What the heck?????

How is our WILD CHILD almost 7????

When?
Where?
How?

Even Sheba...the BABY is growing.

She is starting to say things like, "I can do it!!!!!"

It is a hard change....
I am not ready.

But then again...would I ever be?????

No comments: