Monday, December 20, 2010

Out with the "old, In with the "used"...

earth Pictures, Images and Photos

The land must not be sold permanently, because the land is mine and you are but aliens and my tenants. Throughout the country that you hold as a possession, you must provide for the redemption of the land.-Leviticus 25:23-24

A "recycled" lifestyle.....

Hmmmmmm.

My Mom would tell you that is started early...
I liked clothes from the thrift store better than I liked NEW clothes.

I felt like they had "personality"....they had "character".

And more importantly...they were CHEAPER.

I always was a sort of "hippy-child",
a earth-lover,
a tree-hugger.

It felt natural to me.

I never, ever have been comfortable about spending LOTS of money.

When I was young I just knew it didn't FEEL right...I didn't know why...but it just didn't sit right in my soul.

It didn't FEEL comfortable or necessary.

And, as I have gotten older....not much has changed.

I still feel a TUG on my heart when there is alot of money being spent.
(I STILL walk away from the register when my mom is paying for a WALMART trip!!!)

I just have a problem when I think about all REAL WORLD VALUE of money.

What is "cheap" to us would sustain a third world family for a month.

The money we spend on a single "out-to-eat"...would give 3 people water FOREVER.

What we spend on "upgrades" in our home....would feed family for a year.

It is CRAZY...and out of control.

So....
Now in my adult life....we RARELY spend money on things that we can buy USED.

We HARDLY EVER pay FULL PRICE for anything.

Its a conscious decision we make....in order to be better stewards of our money....
according to a REAL WORLD VIEW.

Jay does construction/paints houses...so when he is on a on a jobsite he is ALWAYS on the lookout for things they throw away.

And believe me...they throw LOTS of perfectly good stuff away.

Stuff that is BARELY USED...because it isn't the "right color".

Stuff that they JUST GOT because it is SCRATCHED.

It is so sad to me....wasted materials, wasted money, wasted BLESSINGS.

Such a shame......

But...like they say...

One mans TRASH is another mans TREASURE.

Needless to say...when I woke up today ..I was so plaesed because I went to sleep with THIS SINK:

Photobucket

And woke up to THIS sink:

Photobucket


All for FREE!!!!!
All because it wasn't QUITE what they WANTED....
BUT-
THANKS to an amazing husband!!!!
It was PERFECT for us!!!!
Sweet!!!!

No comments: