Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Time Traveling

Photobucket

As I walked into the auditorium this weekend I was flooded with vivid memories.

I found myself sitting somewhere between the past and the future.
Somewhere fimiliar yet distant.
From the smell of the colorful roses to the sounds of a theatre FILLED with excited family members from near and far...
this was my childhood.

I had been here before....I have had these experiences. They are etched in my mind so clearly....like yesterday and 20 years ago- at the same time.

Like de-ja-vu....I felt I had
been
here
before.

I felt so instantly connected to the feeling.
So overwhelmed by emotion ...I couldn't help but cry.

It was such an amazing feeling to APPRECIATE what my girls were feeling.
I knew how excited they were.
I knew how much fun they would have the first time they stepped on that stage.
I knew how much THESE teachers would help shape their lives.
I knew how some of these girls would be IN their FIRST memories of chilhood.
I knew how this process would EMBED themselves in their memories.

I sifted thru memories all weekend.

Like a "time-traveler" I jumped from the past, where I remembered recitals, costumes, and dances I DID 25 years ago....
to the future, where I saw my girls as seniors crossing the stage on their last recital...for 1 last bow.

It was NOTHING less than SURREAL and AMAZING.
Photobucket


The Dance Company proved itself to be an OUTSTANDING company with MANY talented poeple on stage and behind the scene.

I cannot say enough how BLESSED I feel to be able to be a part of something so beautiful an enchanting..

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket







I

No comments: