Wednesday, June 1, 2011

I think I can....

This part of the school year is torturous...it truly is.

It is the time of year that I really have to reach DEEP within myself in order to finish.

I have to search FAR within to summon the WILLPOWER to keep going.

I mean really...who is watching??

Would anyone REALLY care if I just said "Forget it!! It is summer!!"?

Is there ANYONE keeping track?

The answer is Nope,Nada,Never.

There is no one watching, no one would care, and no one is keeping track of our homeschool attendance.

So why do I do it???

Why do I torture myself with whining kids who just want to play??
Why do I make them finish their lessons and keep up on their reading?
Why do I keep them inside while it is blisteringbeautiful outside???

I do it because noone cares about their little brains as much as I do.

I do it because I am the ONLY one responsible for the information that these children take in.

I do it because I pressure myself MORE THAN ANY principle ever would pressure me.

I do it because I think they should learn that you have to FINISH things.

And

I do it because I am CALLED TO.

I know that the Lord has blessed me with the opportunity to homeschool these 4 youth. He has GIVEN me the patience...EVERY TIME I HAVE ASKED.

No comments: