Monday, October 19, 2009

Not so UGLY Bread..........

Photobucket
5 He who mocks the poor shows contempt for their Maker;
whoever gloats over disaster will not go unpunished.

6 Children's children are a crown to the aged,
and parents are the pride of their children. Proverbs 17:5-6






We drove up on a man and I caught his eye....but I had no money to give.

He was standing there with a sign.

Hungry.

Ugghhh...I hate that.

We usually have SOMETHING TO GIVE.

After we passed, Sheba said(from the backseat)...
"Mom, He was.....(she couldn't figure out what TO SAY)".

Shasha jumped in and said....
"Mom, He had a sign."
"It said he was HUNGRY".

Then Sheba said the FUNNIEST THING EVER!!!!

She said..."Mom, Why didn't you pay him?"

OMG!!!!

So Funny!!!!

We usually have some kind of change or a few dollars to give.

This time we had NOTHING!!!

So she was wondering WHY?

Why didn't we "pay" the man??

He was HUNGRY!!!

Sweet child was so confused.

I could see it on her face.


As GOD would have it we just so happen to have the HOMEMADE BREAD we had spent the last few HOURS making at Amy's....

Figures!!!

LOVE IT!!!!

So the girls decided that they wanted to give him some bread.

We circled around and pulled up next to him and handed him the bread.

The look on his face was PRICELESS!!!

He ws sooooo THANKFUL!

What a wonderful end to a wonderful evening!

As we drove away..
In my rear view mirror
I could see my 2 awesome daughters that care sooo much about a man they dont even know.

And in my side mirror..
I could see the man who had a little more energy from some UGLY homemade bread.

What a Blessing!!!

What a LIFE!!!!!!!!1





"

2 comments:

Grandma said...

That was one of the sweetest things I've ever heard you girls do. I am so proud of all three of you.
Hugs and kisses,
Grandma

Anonymous said...

You gave away the bread that you had made. That is so generous. If the mad didn't sit down right then and eat the bread that you girls had made with your own hands, he didn't know what he was missing. So sweet.
Love you bunches, Mema