Friday, October 2, 2009

"Fabulous Book" Friday........is BACK(again)!!!!

Family Driven Faith Pictures, Images and Photos

A few weeks ago I actuall WON this book on my friend Heathers blog.

She ia an AMAZING writer and had AWESOME things to say about this book.

And to my AMAZEMENT...I won the drawing and she sent me the book.

ALl I have to say is ...LIFECHANGING.

If you are a parent who is CONCERNED about raising children in a "modern" world, this book is

LIFECHANGING

And I am not even done with it!

Here are the names of SOME of the chapters:
A God with no rivals
Learn to Love
Teach the word at home
Live the word at home
Mark the home as God's Territory
A Radical Departure from the Norm

From Marriage thru Child Raising.......

Page 39:
"Time is precious, and you only get one chance to raise your children. They are only young once, and they are only in your home for a short while. Once they are born the clock starts ticking, and there is nothing you can do to stop it or slow it down.Your only hope is to make the most of the time you have."

LOVE IT!!!!!!!!

THIS is my favorite part...so far.

"If our homes are to reflect our position as the people of God in the midst of the opposition of a pagan culture,we,like the Israelites, must learn to LOVE.
Our homes must be rife with the aroma of love. Those who visit should notice immediately that they have left the world of self-serving,egocentric narcissism and have entered a safe harbor where people value and esteem others above themselves. Outsiders should enter our homes and NOT WANT to leave."

AMAZING.........

Im sure I'll post MORE as I finish reading!!!!

Happy Reading.......

No comments: