Sunday, October 25, 2009

A SHORT session....is all it takes.

heart 2 Pictures, Images and Photos

Today was Malachis Day!!!!

I have been trying to take 1 child with me to do SOMETHING special each Sunday.

And TODAY was his day...he was soooo excited!

Personally...I was glad it was his day because he has a little bit of "FREAK OUT-ITIS" and we needed to have a talk.

I woke up this morning and was excited because I knew he was THRILLED!

I had no idea where I was going to take him but we were going....

We got in the car and he said, "I am sooo excited Mom!"
Precious boy....

So I asked him if he ws hungry and he said he was...of course.

LOL

I looked at my phone and it was 10:30...

and he wanted FRENCH FRIES.

We pulled into Sonic and sat and ate our french fries at 10:30 in the morning sun..
so sweet.

Then we headed to Michaels craft store.

I needed some felt for the Kinders Math...(more on that later).

We went in and looked around at all the neat stuff...daydreaming of all the crafts we could do!!!!

I could seriously get LOST in there!

He LOVED that place.

Then we headed to WALMART.

SOOOOO much easier with 1 child...i do have to say!

LOL

I was expecting to have to entertain him.

I was FULLY prepared for the park, carousel, whatever.

Funny thing is...at Walmart he said, "Mom- can we go home. Cameron is there I want to PLAY!"

And there it was....he had had enough!!!!

Note to self...A 5 year olds "attention" needs can be met fairly quickly!

But in our short "date" we did have that talk about behavior, life, and consequences.

Ill let you know tomorrow how well it all "sunk in"!

And to top the "date" off nicely...

As we pulled in the driveway he said, "Mom- I really LOVED what we just did!"

As you can imagine...my heart was melting.

I know he had a great time because as I am writing this he came in and handed me a "book" he had made ...all about our TRIP TODAY!!!!

Sweet, sweet Malachi.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that is awesome, Jana. I remember last year on his birthday when I took him to Dollar General to pick out his present. He was so cute, so sweet and very thankful. I am blessed to have all of you in my life.

P.S. I think I still "owe" Shasha a birthday one-on-one. Maybe I can do the same with her in the next week or so? I would like to make that a tradition - give them special time with Aunt Cindy when their birthday rolls around. I can retroactive Zeek into it too!

LOVE LOVE LOVE YOU!

-Aunt Cindy