Wednesday, April 21, 2010

PUSHING THRU….

THIS DEVTIONAL FROM ALPHAOMEGA HELPED ME THIS MORNING>>>>>>>>

 

O sing unto the LORD a new song: sing unto the LORD, all the earth" (Psalm 96:1).

Their greeting surprised me that morning. As the sun rose, their warbling song filtered through the window and lifted my spirit with the hope of spring. My patience had been running thin for the past several weeks, and God knew I needed a boost to finish our homeschooling year. With their joyful melodies ministering to my soul, I listened in amazement and smiled as I watched them sing. Their tiny bodies shook and resonated with sound, appearing as if they used their entire being. "Amazing," I thought to myself. "These little wrens do a better job of praising the Lord than I do."

Of all God's creation, humans seem to have the hardest time consistently praising God. Homeschoolers grow tired near the end of the school year and forget God is in control. With impatient hearts and complaining spirits, we trudge on in our own effort, as we push to the final homeschooling days before summer. Instead of singing praises to God for the homeschool joys He has given, we forget our blessings and simply focus on getting through our schoolwork. Satan smiles as he realizes he has succeeded in robbing us of our song.

How about you? Has it been awhile since God heard a song of praise from your lips? If you're experiencing difficulty in finding joy during these last days of homeschooling, you would do well to learn the lesson of praising the Lord from God's little wren. "The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him" (Psalm 28:7).

Lord, forgive me for failing to praise and thank You for Your many blessings. Put a new song in my heart today and let me rejoice in the goodness of Your love.  Amen.

No comments: